Source of Planet's Atmosphere - Why It Makes Sense to Dig Large Circular Deep Crater on Moon

from Atmosphere of the Moon - Wikipedia

This drawing is from the crews of Apollo 17 astronauts as they witnessed the sunrise on the Moon's surface. Without atmosphere such phenomenon is impossible. The sun, as it rises over the horizon, would be a perfect disk without any distortion if there is no atmosphere on the Moon.

Even without any volcanic activity, the surface of any sizable heavenly body must have some sort of thin atmosphere made of gas of the same or similar rock/metals/ice surface composition. The reason for an atmosphere, after all, is due to the powerful solar/cosmic rays vibrating at the gamma ray strength, which basically is a perpetual weapon that tears everything apart. It is this force which penetrates and grinds the rocks/ice/metal of a planetary body constantly that results in gas above it. To say that that there's no air on any planetoid larger than Ceres is ludicrous.

Let's say there's breathable air on the Moon at up to 50 meters from the surface. Here on Earth, it is 8,000 meters before you need an oxygen tank. There is substantial gas/air all the way up to 16,000m. But, not all lot of oxygen because O2 is much heavier than N2. Here on Earth, N2 and O2 make up 99% of the atmosphere. O2 is heavier than N2. The climate change fear mongers keep bringing up the danger of CO2 but, Carbon diOxide is less than 0.0415% currently. Keep setting wild fires to kill trees and blame global warming (fires do not get set by themselves especially in dry lightning free weather) and see what really then happens to O2 level. But, I will now come back to the topic in hand.

Oxygen gets released from the surface by gamma rays hitting a planet (rock/metal/ice). Countless rocks contain, you guessed it, oxygen. Do you really think the air composition would be any different at a nearby planet?

Something dawned on me this morning. What would you do if you lived on the surface of the Moon? How would you build a town or a base if there was breathable air only at 0-50m from the surface. Wouldn't you make a crater and set up your village at the bottom of the pit? Now, you have up to 200m of air above you. Remember O2 is heavy. It sits on the surface. The only other common gas that is heavier than O2 is CO2.

Helpful Garden Gnome

Gardengnome,

Now that ... was a great little post.

Cheers!

Enviado do Yahoo Mail para iPhone

@gardengnome , @deandddd , I am thinking this idea could be used to rapidly terrform any new planet/planetoid that humans try to colonise . Come to think of it , given these regular Pandemics on Earth , there is an urgent need for humans to find other colonies !

Regards

Ha, we don't have a choice since the Gen Z/Y/X want to ban gasoline cars and all switch to electric cars. Where will all that lithium going to come from? Salt flats of Bolivia cannot support such material needs alone. Lithium is largely mined in dried up salt lake beds. I "really" wonder why the outer-surface of the Moon has lot of lithium (https://www.jstor.org/stable/74829?seq=1) so that Donald Trump pushed for mining the moon (Why does President Trump want to mine on the Moon? - BBC News).

And, guess what?
While the world was getting bombarded with the daily non-stop news of COVID-19 last November, this happened: https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/11/uk-firm-wins-european-space-agency-deal-to-turn-moon-rock-into-oxygen

The European Space Agency awarded a British company to extract oxygen from rocks on the Moon. Moon rock is about 40-50% oxygen in mass. 1 cubic meter of moon rock contains enough oxygen for an astronaut for a few days, per the professor in the video. Why wouldn't there be oxygen gas at lower elevation on the moon, then? The gamma ray strength sunlight hits the surface non-stop absolutely pummeling the solid surface. By the way, I have a feeling that the moon's outer-surface is really just their firmament :wink: but that's a whole different topic.

The astronauts aboard the International Space Station said that space smells like burning metal and meat, LOL. I hope some of them realized that they were smelling themselves (getting slowly cooked) and what was happening to the metal around them.

I read a lot. I can't even remember the titles of all the books I read.
Per one book I read, a safe spaceship should be like this:
The space between outermost wall and the inner wall of that outershell of a spaceship should be filled with finely ground granite. This granite powder must be packed and the space must be at least 2 meters thick in order to slow down light enough so that the light that successfully penetrates is in the form of visible light or even slower vibration (heat).

Johun Gnome

For what it's worth, here's a higher definition version of the initial image as per inclusion from Wikipedia:

And here is something found from a website: Gene Cernan's sketch of the sunrise as seen from lunar orbit:

Gardengnome, Soretna and All,

Keep in mind that we do have pictures of the horizon glow on The Moon, thanks to Apollo 8:
http://www.holloworbs.com/Lunar_Atmosphere.htm

The concept of gravity effects being caused by electromagnetic attraction and repulsion allows for a small orb such as The Moon to easily hold down a sizeable atmosphere.

There is plenty of construction buildings on The Moon, and evidence of activity as per, for example, the book Somebody Else is on The Moon. So there is atmosphere enough for people to walk around, and don't forget about the suspected agriculture in the Crater Plato. If most of their civilization lies below the lunar surface, a credible explanation is simply that they prefer not to expose themselves to UFO craft piloted by the Greys, and by beings such as were found in the Roswell UFO crash and the Varginha crash. It is obvious that some kind of Armageddon took place on the surface of Mars and The Moon in the distant past. So it would be natural not to expose themselves.

Dean

Some funny ridiculous explanations:

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/ghost-moons-discovered-orbit-around-earth-ncna930031

"The Kordylewski clouds orbit Earth at roughly the same distance as the moon — about 250,000 miles away. One cloud orbits ahead of the moon and the other behind in specific regions of the sky where Earth's gravitational pull is canceled out by the moon's. Known as Lagrange points, these regions act as “gravitational vacuum-cleaners,” collecting dust and gas that can persist for decades, Horvath said in an email."

So, gas and dust clouds several times the Earth congregates in a gravitational vacuum where there is no or faint gravitational pull? All the while, the Moon's gravity is supposedly so weak that it cannot hold any atmosphere. Wow, what do these people take us for? If anything, there shouldn't be any large mass of dust in Lagrange points, and there should be lots of dust and gas around the surface of the source of the gravity, namely the Moon and the Earth as is the case.

@gardengnome , now prepare to be shocked :))

You will be absolutely STUNNED to know that the L4 and L5 Lagrange points of the Earth-Moon system (where these so called Kordylewski dust clouds are located) , are named Rahu and Ketu in traditional Hindu Astrology !!

It was a BIG puzzle for ages , as to what these two mysterious "celestial bodies" Rahu and Ketu actually symbolised , but the recent discovery of these strange "moons of dust" , have nailed this cosmic riddle once and for all !

Try consulting any Indian Astrologer (just for fun) and see for yourself just how many times they refer to Rahu-Ketu in that session . Actually , Rahu and Ketu have a big impact on everyone's life here on Earth (if Astrology is to believed) :))

Regards

@sidharthabahadur what would these words "Rahu" and "Ketu" translate to from the original symbols used? For example, like Hebrew, Japanese, Egyptian, etc. characters all have meaning that can be extrapolated or give more depth to the vocalized word/phrase.

This is an interesting topic. Might be worth more discussion:

Soretna,

The Hebrews, Japanese, Egyptians, etc., all define Rahu and Ketu to mean serpent or dragon. Western astrologers also refer to them and make use of Latin nomenclature by calling them Caput Dragonis, The Serpent's Head, for Rahu. And Cauda Dragonis, the Dragon's Tail, for Ketu.

During eclipses they seem to attract electrons and photons, and thus create darkness. So they must be positively charged, right?

The reddish light that we see during eclipses are caused by photon aggragates (aka electrons) rushing towrds Rahu due to attraction, and fragmenting up due to friction with other particles held within the lunar atmosphere.

So, if you attract a negatively charged particle, you must be positive.

The dust balls that you refer to must be electrons held into place at the point of electromagnetic attraction. That point is Rahu-Ketu.

Cheers!

Cheers!

@deandddd , @Soretna , I think the first thing to ask here is - how did our ancient ancestors even know this stuff thousands of years ago , (apparently) without any telescopes or spacecraft ??

Regards

Sidhartha,

Yes, Rahu and Ketu are not physical, they are the magnetic nodes of The Sun and The Moon, that exist along the orbital plane of the solar system. As you say, how was this possible without any telescopes or spacecraft?

Or course, they did have contact with the celestials.

Cheers!"

Yes @deandddd , in order to be aware of Rahu , Ketu and their cosmic significance , the Vedic culture had to be fully cognizant about the concept of L4 and L5 Lagrange Points . I haven't yet been able to find a direct scriptural reference or a Sanskrit term for such an idea , though my intuition tells me , it must lie hidden in some obscure ancient text and will be discovered someday...!

Regards