Pilot Mountain Is Home To A Mysterious Underground Civilization – Cherokee Legend Tells

Folks , this is quite an interesting site :-

Pilot Mountain Is Home To A Mysterious Underground Civilization – Cherokee Legend Tells

Ellen Lloyd - AncientPages.com - Stories of mysterious beings who dwell in secret underground worlds are common among many Native American tribes. Who these subterranean people remain unknown. According to local accounts, these individuals avoid contact with the outside world and can only be seen on rare occasions.

Pilot Mountain Is Home To A Mysterious Underground Civilization - Cherokee Legend Tells

As previously mentioned on AncientPages, the “Choctaw Indians of Mississippi have a fascinating ancient legend about the Nanih Waiya Cave Mound.

The Indians say that their ancestors emerged from an artificial underground world a very long time ago, which they consider being the homeland of their ancestors.

During this time, the Choctaw Indians were invaded by a race of red- and blond-haired, white-skinned giants.” 1

Nanih Waiya is sacred to the Choctaw Indians and the Indians say the great mound leads to a huge subterranean world with large series of caverns where many mysterious beings dwell.

The Cherokee have a similar legend, and they “recall a white-skinned race that lived on their lands before they arrived. This group of very unusual beings was known as the Moon-Eyed people.

Cherokee legends tell the Moon-Eyed people were of small stature and had pale, white skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. They were called Moon-Eyed because they had very sensitive eyes and were unable to see in daylight. They could however see very well at night. Since these mysterious ancient people were blinded by the Sun, they were forced to live in underground caverns.” 2

According to another legend told by the Cherokee, the Pilot Mountain is home to a mysterious underground civilization.

The legend tells of a man who was taken to a strange underground place where he stayed and met the mysterious Mountain People.

The Discovery Of Pilot Mountain's Secret Underground World

The man whose name was Tsuwe'nähï lived in the old town of Känuga, on the Pigeon river. He was a lazy person who liked to spend time in the woods, and he was not a good hunter. One day he decided to go to the mountains and that is when he suddenly encountered a stranger who asked him where he was going. Tsuwe'nähï explained his friends had left him because they got tired of him. He had been driven out from his settlement because he could not hunt. Tsuwe'nähï had been told that if he didn’t return with a deer this time, he could never return to his home again.

Pilot Mountain Is Home To A Mysterious Underground Civilization - Cherokee Legend Tells

Pilot Mountain, North Carolina, from an overlook on the Virginia border. Credit: Public Domain

So the stranger listened to his story and asked Tsuwe'nähï to join him instead.

"Why not come with me?" said the stranger, "my town is not far from here, and you have relatives there."

“Tsuwe'nähï was very glad of the chance, because he was ashamed to go back to his own town; so he went with the stranger, who took him to Tsuwa`tel'da (Pilot knob). They came to a cave, and the other said, "Let us go in here;" but the cave ran clear to the heart of the mountain, and when they were inside the hunter found there an open country like a wide bottom land, with a great settlement and hundreds of people.

They were all glad to see him. and brought him to their chief, who took him into his own house and showed him a seat near the fire. Tsuwe'nähï sat down, but he felt it move under him, and when he looked again he saw that it was a turtle, with its head sticking out from the shell. He jumped up, but the chief said, "It won't hurt you; it only wants to see who you are."

So he sat down very carefully, and the turtle drew in its head again. They brought food of the same kind that he had been accustomed to at home, and when he had eaten the chief took him through the settlement until he had seen all the houses and talked with most of the people. When he had seen everything and had rested some days, he was anxious to get back to his home, so the chief himself brought him to the mouth of the cave and showed him the trail that led down to the river.

Then he said, "You are going back to the settlement, but you will never be satisfied there any more. Whenever you want to come to us, you know the way." The chief left him, Tsuwe'nähï went down the mountain and along the river until he came to Känuga.

He told his story, but no one believed it and the people only laughed at him. After that he would go away very often and be gone for several days at a time, and when he came back to the settlement he would say he had been with the mountain people.” 3

One man in the village believed Tsuwe'nähï was being truthful and asked if he could visit the Mountain People.

Tsuwe'nähï agreed, and the two men headed for the Pilot Mountain. When they were close to the secret home of the Mountain People, Tsuwe'nähï told his friend to sit and wait at the campfire. The man did as he had been told and waited patiently for the return of Tsuwe'nähï. It took two days and night before Tsuwe'nähï came back, and when he did, he had two girls with him.

As they stood near the fire, Tsuwe'nähï’s friend noticed “feet were short and round, almost like dogs' paws, but as soon as they saw him looking they sat down so that he could not see their feet. After supper the whole party left the camp and went up along the creek to Tsuwa`tel'da.

They went in through the cave door until they got to the farther end and could see houses beyond, when all at once the hunter's legs felt as if they were dead and he staggered and fell to the ground. The others lifted him up, but still he could not stand, until the medicine-man brought some "old tobacco" and rubbed it on his legs and made him smell it until he sneezed. Then he was able to stand again and went in with the others. He could not stand at first, because he had not prepared himself by fasting before he started.

Who were the mysterious Mountain People? Credit: Public Domain

The dance had not yet begun and Tsuwe'nähï took the hunter into the townhouse and showed him a seat near the fire, but it had long thorns of honey locust sticking out from it and he was afraid to sit down. Tsuwe'nähï told him not to be afraid, so he sat down and found that the thorns were as soft as down feathers. Now the drummer came. in and the dancers, and the dance began.

One man followed at the end of the line, crying Kû! Kû! all the time, but not dancing. The hunter wondered, and they told him, "This man was lost in the mountains and had been calling all through the woods for his friends until his voice failed and he was only able to pant Kû! Kû! and then we found him and took him in." 3

Tsuwe’nähï And His Friends Never Came Back From The Underground World

When the dance finished Tsuwe’nähï and his friend went back to Känuga, and this time people in the village believed in the existence of the mysterious Mountain People. Some were so impressed and curious about these kind and generous underground dwellers that they asked to go there.

Tsuwe’nähï said he could take them to the secret underground world, but they must first fast seven days, while he went ahead to prepare everything, and then he would come and bring them. He went away and the others fasted, until at the end of seven days he came for them and they went with him to Tsuwa`tel'da, and their friends in the settlement never saw them again.” 3

Those who followed Tsuwe’nähï to the Pilot Mountain in North Carolina never returned and the Cherokee believe their friends and relatives decided to live in this subterranean world that has long been home to an unknown underground civilization.

Regards

1 Like

Folks , we've discussed about the moon-eyed people before in this forum...now it all seems to be converging . It is almost certain that there maybe some more communities out there that have a subterranean origin .

Regards

@sidharthabahadur you're right, it might be worthwhile to do a deep dive into our own content and elsewhere to pull out all pertinent information thus far on these "moon-eyed people", starting with a search here: Search results for 'moon-eyed order:latest' - MindReach

Yes @Soretna , I agree . In any case , the Cherokee were amongst the most famous native American communities and their traditional stories deserve a much more thorough study . Mainstream Academia has largely dismissed their accounts of ancestral origin as just "pure mythical stories" :))

Regards

Sidhartha and Soretna,

Yes, I have heard of the Cherokee underworld below the mountains in North Carolina, but never any story or geographical landmark. This is a landmark article for us.

The Cherokee from North Carolina are a bit estranged from the ones in Oklahoma. The NC Cherokee think that the Okie Cherokees are brain washed by the reservation schools, and I imagine they are. But, of course, the NC Cherrokee are still close to their cultural source, underground.

Here is the link to a really deep and thoughful research paper about the Pigeon River: Pigeon River (Tennessee–North Carolina) - Wikipedia

Ok, ok, so it's only Wikipedia, but at least it shows you where.

Remember this one? American_Indian

Cheers!

1 Like

Woweeeee - that is neat! The Appalachian region (including the Smoky Mountains) are ancient and amazing. It seems that most of the evidence has been hidden / covered or is guarded so closely that it is nearly impossible to be discovered openly in the eastern half of the United States.

This kind of information is invaluable and exciting.

Are you aware of books, papers or other material that may have more details from the Cherokee (Huyata'kéá') people or other tribes?

I would also be particularly interested in Shawnee, Powhatan and other Algonquin tribal/religious histories.

Another interesting thought / observation from the Book of Mormon is how the Gadianton Robbers (these were evil, evil people that follow after satan/luciferian traditions and ultimately destroyed the Nephites and fractured the people and Lamanites into tribes) fled to and lived in the mountains. They could have obtained help or alliances with the cavern world dwellers who were already closely aligned with evil. @Ephraimite what do you think?

@Soretna , by now our group has discussed threadbare the subterranean origins for the ancestors of the following native American tribes (possibly some more) :-

1. Hopi
  2. Anasazi
  3. Navajo
  4. Cherokee

I think a systematic study to map out their respective caverns of ancestral origin , could throw up some interesting patterns/corrrelations.

The last 500 years of American history (both that of North & South America) is also full of stories about certain native tribes or their treasures "vanishing without a trace" . I think it all adds up now...those sudden disappearances can now be explained ! I will go a step further - each such disappearance will one day be correlated with a cavern/tunnel system nearby :))

Regards

1 Like

Probably add Macuxi (Macushi) as well as per @deandddd's many mentioning of them.

I agree, we need a geographical / map based study of this. We need to ascertain how to obtain ACCURATE histories of / from them as well. (ie, what do we do about the Robert Morning Sky situation?)

People,

About this Pilot Mountand and Pigeon River area, it is the same neck of the woods that President Andrew Jackson was from. His family was from the Waxhaws region of the Carolinas.

Let's throw up a few connections and then maybe we can think about it and it might lead to something.

During Andrew Jackson's presidency, his number one priority and project, one that he almost exclusively designed and implemented, was the forced removal and march of all native indian populations from East of the Mississippi out to the West, where they were settled on reservations in places such as Oklahoma, which is not exactly hospitable land. (It's dry!) He fought long and hard in the Congress to get the Indian Removal Act passed.

This is too much of a coincidence. Do you all know what I think? I think that indian populaations tended to aggregate in the area near to openings to cavern worlds, and that they served the role of sentinels. I think that Andrew Jackson knew of this, and he got rid of the sentinels and removed the indians from their cultural source, re-educated them and induced them to forget their origins.

But Jackson wasn't the only American President to know about cavern worlds. In the past we have spoken about Tippecanoe and how he was closely related to John Cleves Symmes by marriage, and Tippecanoe's grandson Benjamin Harrison of Indiana served as the 23rd president from 1889 to 1893.

Now this is just too much. Symmes made a career out of branstorming around the country, preaching the truths of underground worlds, at least of the hollow earth. And what does that mean? That his son-in-law never heard of the hollow earth before? And his son-in-law's grandson never heard of it either? I would think not. We have had two presidents in the past that knew very well about the hollow earth; two that we know of .... That is what it means!

Anyway, somebody put two and two together for me. It is getting late.

Cheers!

Great analysis @deandddd , after their removal from that area , was any DUMB built in that area...? That could reveal a LOT about the true reasons for relocating that native community !

Regards

Sidhartha,

The issue is that the Cherokee weren't completely removed. There is a part of the tribe that stayed in the mountainous part of North Carolina, which was a smaller part, I believe; and the larger part went to Oklahma. They know about each other, and there is some contact.

But the ones in Oklahama became more westernized thanks to the reservation schools. I think that there are reservations in North Carolina, too, but smaller. I have the impression that the Cherokee population in NC is smaller.

Cheers!