Hollow Earth in scripture

I hope this is the right forum for this post.

There are two scriptures in the LDS Scriptures (Book of Mormon) that I look at differently in light of having been part of this forum for a short while. They are:

Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?
(Book of Mormon | Mormon 5:23)

Behold, will ye believe in the day of your visitation—behold, when the Lord shall come, yea, even that great day when the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat,
(Book of Mormon | Mormon 9:2)

If the earth is hollow (and it makes sense to me that it very well could be), I can see these scriptures as an apt description. The earth melts in the incredible heat, and as it does, it collapses inward into the hollow core, pulling the outer parts in as it melts.

3 Likes

@SilverMoon Thank you for your excellent observation!

I've read those scriptures many times as well and had the same thought occur to me. The scary part is, it seems that much (most?) of the life on our convex surface will perish in such a magnificently catastrophic event. But perhaps this is simply a necessary part of the Celestialization process for Planet Earth, or as some would say, its transition into a higher energy state. I've heard some other people interpret these scriptures metaphorically, as if the "story" of the Earth will close as a scroll, or close like a book, but I often find that the scriptures speak literally when we wish they were metaphorical. Definitely deep points to ponder about.

Also, another interesting thought in this same vein:

This earth will be rolled back into the presence of God and crowned with Celestial Glory.

(Words of Joseph Smith, compiled by Andrew F. Ehat & Lyndon W. Cook, p. 60)

"President [Brigham Young] gave it as his opinion that the Earth did not dwell in the sphere in which it did when it was created, but that it was banished from its more glorious state or orbit of revolution for man's sake" ("Record of Acts of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles," 1849 Record Book, p. 41, Church Archives). This and other statements like it probably had their origin with teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

(Words of Joseph Smith, compiled by Andrew F. Ehat & Lyndon W. Cook, p. 84)

In this context, it would make sense that the earth will have to undergo a drastic physical change in order to return to its former home "neighborhood" of planets (probably near Kolob) in order to withstand the glory of the Gods in their habitation.

3 Likes

@SilverMoon , @Ephraimite , very fascinating indeed - please keep this discussion going !

Regards

A few more scriptures which implicitly or explicitly reference the Hollow Earth:

• Mosiah 12:36, 13:12; Exodus 20:4: Abinadi condemns worship of underground creatures
  • Isaiah 14: Satan's Ultimate Goal is to Invade the Inner Earth
  • Genesis 3; Moses 4: Egyptian Knowledge of the Genesis Creation Story - Serpent (Reptilian) on TWO LEGS!!!
  • Arguably the entire creation account of the Earth in Genesis 1 appears to be told from the perspective of the interior of the Earth, creating a hollow orb from the inside out.
  • Jacob 5, Book of Mormon. In this chapter, it states 6 times that the Lord of the vineyard cut off the young and tender branches of the old tame olive tree (which tree he used to symbolize the house of Israel), and that these tender branches were then dispersed and planted in the "Nethermost Parts of the Lord's Vineyard." See: Jacob 5:13, 14, 19, 38, 39, 52.

And these will I place in the nethermost part of my vineyard, whithersoever I will... and I do it that I may preserve unto myself the natural branches of the tree; and also, that I may lay up fruit thereof against the season, unto myself; for it grieveth me that I should lose this tree and the fruit thereof.

And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard went his way, and hid the natural branches of the tame olive-tree in the nethermost parts of the vineyard, some in one and some in another, according to his will and pleasure.
    ... [many more verses like this]

• Ezekiel 31:14, 16, 18; Ezek. 32:18, 24:

for they are all delivered unto death, to the Nether Parts of the Earth . . . with
    them that go down to the pit.

• I've also heard others correlate the gold mentioned in Genesis 2:8-12 with Solomon's expedition to retrieve gold in 1 Kings 10, saying that his journey to Ophir also involved a visit to Eden
  • Micah 4:1-7, Isaiah 2:2-4, Zechariah 14:16-21 all mention Christ reigning over the earth on Mount Zion, which is in the Hollow Earth and serves as the basis for Mount Olympus, etc.
  • D&C 133 famously mentions the Lost Ten Tribes coming down from the Far North.

Honestly, though, even this list only scratches the surface. I believe there are literally dozens, and possibly hundreds, of more examples throughout the scriptures of explicit and implicit mentions to the inner earth. Anything mentioning "things under the earth," or "things in the earth" as well. It would be amazing if someone made an exhaustive concordance to all inner-earth mentions throughout the scriptures.

3 Likes

It could be a necessary part of the process. One thing I was thinking after I got an email that said you had replied was about the sea of glass. We know that sand, if it is heated high enough, turns into glass. Well, what if all the elements melt and then God forms another ball and because the elements were exposed to such high heat, they form a new substance that is essentially glass-like?

Another thing to note: When a glass-blower works with glass, the inside is hollow (bottles, etc) so I wonder if the process might be similar to something like that.

I wonder if the very act of being brought into Celestial presence could be what sets the earth on fire. I would also be interested in knowing what it is that knocks the earth out of orbit. I believe that the stars falling is a reference to the earth's movement. First it teeters like a drunken man, then it begins to roll back to its original place which would make the stars appear to be falling.

2 Likes

Interesting idea that the snake had two legs in that Egyptian drawing. I always thought of it more like a lizard. Maybe the Egyptians knew some things we don't.

As for hollow earth, I have wondered if "under the earth" meant bugs and animals that live under ground, or if it included more. "Under the earth" and "in the earth" could mean deeper than just where animals dwell. Just because under the crust of the earth is fiery hot and creates volcanoes doesn't mean it's like that to the core of the earth. That is scientific supposition.

Then there's this in the LDS Doctrine and Covenants section 133:

20 For behold, he shall stand upon the mount of Olivet, and upon the mighty ocean, even the great deep, and upon the islands of the sea, and upon the land of Zion.
21 And he shall utter his voice out of Zion, and he shall speak from Jerusalem, and his voice shall be heard among all people;
22 And it shall be a voice as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, which shall break down the mountains, and the valleys shall not be found.
23 He shall command the great deep, and it shall be driven back into the north countries, and the islands shall become one land;
24 And the land of Jerusalem and the land of Zion shall be turned back into their own place, and the earth shall be like as it was in the days before it was divided.
25 And the Lord, even the Savior, shall stand in the midst of his people, and shall reign over all flesh.
26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.
27 And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep.

I think that's something else that could be simply people in Alaska, Canada, Russia, etc. or it could mean more. The water driven back to the north countries, but there are people there who smite the ice and make a highway in the midst of the ocean. If that is people coming from the center of the earth, perhaps their prophets lead them out so that they can be safe when the earth is rolled together as a scroll.

Obviously, I don't know, but I think it's like Isaiah (when he described passenger planes and war planes) where it isn't clear, but when it happens, we will clearly see that the scriptures were as descriptive as they could be given the era in which they were written. I think it's the Book of Mormon that says that when Isaiah is fulfilled, people will then understand what he's saying.

2 Likes

Regarding Ophir in Genesis 2:8-12, I have always wondered about this perhaps being a cavern realm location or perhaps an concave location insomuch that in Greek ophis (ὄφις) is snake. We also see words like ophidian or ophites, etc. with the seemingly same root. In Hebrew we get the word "naga" (נחש‎; transliterated: nachas(h); 'ch' is hard like in German Bach; could call it a mushy "G" sound). Clearly there's no "definite" answer to where or what "Ophir" was/is in current context and current available history.

I do agree with you @Ephraimite regarding there being a plethora of references that are lost to society by either simply not being aware of the concepts of the cavern and hollow/concave Earth or by obfuscation. If we could more carefully read it and other ancient scriptures in their original languages from the authors I suspect we could obtain much greater possession of such references.

@SilverMoon the inner portion of the Earth has a small "sun" (unsure if fusion or fission or some other process; likely as perhaps many/most (?) actual planets have it seems; and it would seem that life is much more abundant in our universe than previously thought given this concept and the shielding that crusts provide) and this probably has some role in all of this melting/transformation/transmutation.

Regarding in and under ground, just the accounts here in this and the cavern worlds subforum can set your mind afire to all of the possibilities. There are FAR too many to otherwise consider otherwise. Michael Mott's book is a little marvel itself: 4th Edition: Caverns, Cauldrons & Concealed Creatures. Mr. Mott has apparently had some (violent) one-on-one encounters with these creatures/beings. Also consider Harry Hubbard's incredible videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/IllinoisCaves/videos - notice the recent photos he's shared in the galleries videos (!!!). So much more can be discussed here and of course 20 years of discussion and sharing in here and in the archive.

And yes, Doctrine & Covenants 133 (D&C 133) is clearly referring to something much, much further beyond what we are familiar with presently. Clearly this is the case with their being a highway "in the midst of the great deep". This could be considered "the abyss" as previously discussed, etc. The ice will melt - this is clearly significant and no small feat / feature of their advent. And no, this is not the laughable "global warming" trash that is being spouted by the Luciferians and the deceived.

3 Likes

@SilverMoon , thanks so much for this particular post , believe me - you are onto something here...something BIG ! The strange reference to Northern countries and that "they shall smite the rocks , and the ice shall flow down at their presence . And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep ." - has an UNCANNY parallel to the ancient story of the battle between the demi-God Indra and the serpent demon/dragon Vritra (near the North Polar opening) , from the Rig Veda ! You should look up the iconic text "Arctic home of the Vedas" .

Regards

3 Likes

Folks , it just struck me - point no. 23 from the above post , implies a sea level rise in the Northern regions of the Earth and a corresponding drop in sea levels over the rest of the Earth's outer surface , possibly turning it into one landmass...hmm !

Regards

2 Likes

Rereading that scripture here, I got a thought that might be kind of crazy. If the north countries are inner earth countries accessed via the north pole general area, I wonder if "driven back into the north countries" could mean the water floods into underground caverns and even into the inner earth.

It sounds crazy, but it was a random thought that popped into my head.

"highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep."

highway - road

cast up - up, not down, not alongside, not on top of. Also in the midst of - actually in it. That makes me wonder if the people are at the bottom of an ocean (the midst of the great deep).

If this is as literal as it sounds, I wonder what a highway would look like coming from a hole in the ocean and ending at the surface.

I wonder if the ice flowing down creates the great deep or if it is floating on top of it before it melts. Or is it telling us that the land they lived in with be filled with water when they smite the rocks and melt the ice.

There are obviously rocks, and the ice doesn't flow down until the rocks are apparently broken or shattered.

I've not really put any thought into this yet, but your remarks made me recall the children of Israel being lead out of Egypt on dry ground and the parting of the Red Sea... The imagery is interesting with regards to polar openings (as I believe there are many and that the crust is quite thin at the polar regions relatively speaking).

The cavern realm could also somehow become rather filled up with water (that sure would be a convenient way to get rid of a lot of the more nasty creatures living in there). Hmmm.

1 Like

@SilverMoon , your intuition is ON FIRE :)) - it's bang on target , I feel ! This actually makes a lot of sense .

Regards

1 Like

@SilverMoon , if you go by the basic gist of the theory outlined by B.G. Tilak in his work "Arctic Home of the Vedas" , especially the chapter on "The captive waters" , then the above hypothesis is quite accurate .

Regards

1 Like