Viral Video: Rare Earthquake lights 'EQL' in Delhi skies spark curiosity !

Folks , just sample this intriguing news of New Delhi , the capital of India - from 2 days ago...actually , this sighting followed shortly after a strong tremor that was felt across the Northern part of the subcontinent , though the epicenter of that powerful quake was in Afghanistan , near it's border with Pakistan .

We've often discussed the phenomena of "Earthquake lights" on this forum as part of our discussions on the electromagnetic causes of earthquakes and volcanoes :-

Regards

1 Like

The first part of that video reminds me of the northern lights, even though they aren't green.

Quite an interesting phenomenon. I think I've heard of earthquake lights before.

I agree @SilverMoon , it looks similar to the Aurora...though Delhi being at 28 degrees North Latitude has not seen Auroral lights at least in recorded human history...though a G5 category Solar Storm could push Polar Auroral displays down even into the tropical skies !

**On that note , I suspect that earthquakes seemingly coincide even with very powerful CME events or Solar storms from our Sun...hmm !

Regards

1 Like