The Lunar Crater Gassendi

People,

When I viewed this crater through my telescope, I saw the two gashes not as gashes, but as fine cuts. In this online image, there is some glare and you don't make out the two as fine cuts. But they truly are, as if they has been cut onto a map with a Gillete razor blade. They aey are completely straight, and exactly parallel with each other. They appear to be mountain passes through the rim of the crater.

Now, how do straight, parallel lines show up on the Moon?

Dean

1 Like

Google it!

"crater Gassendi images"

@deandddd Like i mentioned previously... The surface of the Moon is primarily a construct. Everything on the surface is made to look natural. If you study Fig 1. For example Inside the Gassendi Crater the supposed rocks only have one side. This is because they are made to look like rocks and why you will not find other images showing you the other sides from different perspectives. It is also why the shadows look odd or protrude at different angles. Things don't make sense because the data shown is not the whole data. It is not coincidence they are shaped the way they are...They hide construction points and shadow entrances too.

Fig.2 shows the hard cuts you mentioned on the ridge of the craters. These are also constructs and if you look close enough you will see that they are layered. These are mostly tunnels and deflect shadows also.

You will also find trenches leading to craters and from out of other tunnels etc.

M

Fig 1.

Fig.2.

Wow Dean - again I would LOVE to see a phone hooked up to your telescope to capture the images that you're seeing with your eyes which seem to offer superior insight over the stock images available.

I can't help but wonder if we need to have a moon-focused forum on here where you could share such photos and observations in a more dedicated fashion. You seem to make some really neat finds.

Echo_on,

I agree that the images are made to look certain ways. One way that they do this is by fooling with the brightness of the image, because glare hides shape and form.

And then they just choose photographs taken when The Sun's angle is higher, and then the glare is automatic! This is typical in the images of the Mesalla crater.

Dean

1 Like

Soretna,

I have have to be set up in a dark sky area where there isn't much humidity. Where I live there is usually cloud cover and humidity problems.

And half of what is worth seeing is available to see after midnight, which throws a monkey wrench into things.