The Green Children of Wolfpitte ... And Stonehenge?

List Members,

I ask you all to meditate for a moment on the underground world as describe in The Green Children of Wolfpitte narration. It seemd to be rather large.

http://www.holloworbs.com/green_children_wolfpitte.htm

And then I ask ... if there is an underground world below wolfpitte, which is similar to Stonehenge in its layout, and if there is a cave or tunnel that leads from Wolfpitte down to that underground world; then what is below Stonehenge?!!! Solid granite? I think not.

What if somebody flew ground penetrating radar above both of them?

You can find Stonehenge at: google.co.uk

And then peck in Amesbury, and it will be a bit off to the left. It is not inaccessible, it is 75 miles from London.

I know that Wolfpitte is extremely close to Stonehenge, but I could not find it on any map.

It just goes to show that you don't have to mount an expedition to the Amazons to find an underground world, just take a two hour drive, or so, out of London, and go to Wolfpitte; and there you are.

Go in the middle of the night when no one is looking and, if there is a security guard, just offer the bloke a cup of coffee from your thermos with some sleeping pills inside of it and then wait about an hour.

Take a backpack with water, and a flashlight and batteries. And, take an infrared camera with you because, where the tunnel is, the surface will be shallower, and energies from within must find it easier to escape outwards, and some infrared would probably show up. That is where a shovel comes in handy, and you just start digging. Surely/Probably after about seven feet you work your way into the tunnel. Or maybe fourteen.

Then, you start running in case anyone comes after you (remember to turn the flashlight on or you will bump your head)

When you finally get there and discover your cavern world, the people will be happy to see you. In fact, they will like you so much that they'll never let you go. (No jails or dungeons were descibed in The Green Children of Wolffpitte narration, so you will probably be safe, maybe)

People - The truth is that many underground worlds are dangerous. For example, we have already pondered over what might lie below the pyramid temple of the Mayans, the ones that have a slab at the pinnacle for human sacrifice.

But the Green Children had normal human features, just as the Englishmen on the surface have. The only difference was their complexion. And they were engaged in what is considered a harmless activity, herding cattle, or sheep. They accessed from cave to go upwards from pastureland. And a Church was mentioned, the kids knew what a church was. This is a far cry from the jungle environment of Guatemala or the Yucatan.

They only hardpart is the start, and the only drawback is that you won't come back.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Dean,

I believe the current name for Wolfpitte is now Woolpit; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolpit
" History
The village's name, first recorded in the 10th century as Wlpit and later as Wlfpeta, derives from the Old English wulf-pytt , meaning "pit for trapping wolves".[2]"

You can find it quite easily on goolge maps and in the village everyone knows about the story too.
Looking at the history and at victorian OS maps of the area there was a well known spring just outside the village in a small woodland near the fields that was believed to have healing powers and I wonder if the spring is linked to the cave system or is infact a small entrance now buried over. I agree there is so much beneath our feet and I also believe that many barrows especially the very large ones could also be entrances to the 'otherworld' as it was called during ancient times dating back past the bronze age.

Though not well documented or listed online there are indeed huge barrows in the UK stretching a few hundred feet across almost like small pyramids and sometimes there may be a sign or not. Who knows what may lie beneath these huge barrows perhaps tunnels just like with the mayan and egyptian pyramids.
It seems there are also articles cropping up about these discoveries of tunnel networks stretching across the UK that were dug over 10,000 years ago and could well stretch deeper into the earth. If only we had better technology to see into the ground. Infrared is definitely good though especially in the winter.

1 Like

GT899,

Thanks for the tip about Wolfpitt.

Yes, so close but so far away. Untouchable. Unknowable. But so close.

The children made it up within a couple of days and, of course, nobody could go for more than a couple of days without food while they are trekking upwards.

But what to speak about accessing the opening to the hollow earth, we can't even find out what is below the surface in jolly Old England, even when we have an idea of where to look.

Most people have to work everyday and don't have time for adventuring ...

Dean

2 Likes