Supersonic winds of Neptune !!??

List members , Neptune is 4.5 Billion Km from the Sun , yet it has mind-boggling wind speeds , 1.5 times the speed of sound !! Now , science has always taught us that the climate of planets is determined by the Sun . While this may hold good to an extent for the inner rocky worlds of our Solar system , but what about the far away gas giants ?

Isn't it weird that the outermost planet of our Solar system has the most turbulent wind systems ? Where does the energy for that come from ? The Sun is too far away from Neptune to cause it , then what else could fuel the energy for these monstrous winds ? There is only one viable answer - the Inner Sun of Neptune :))

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/11349

Supersonic Wind

Story by Kayvon Sharghi Released on September 12, 2013

Share on facebook Share on twitter More Sharing Services3

Winds on Neptune travel faster than the speed of sound.

Neptune, the eighth and farthest planet from the sun, has the strongest winds in the solar system. At high altitudes speeds can exceed 1,100 mph. That is 1.5 times faster than the speed of sound. In 1989, NASA's Voyager 2 spacecraft made the first and only close-up observations of Neptune. Detailed images taken by the spacecraft revealed bright, white clouds and two colossal storms whipping around the planet's atmosphere. Neptune is a gas giant composed primarily of hydrogen and helium. Methane gas makes up only one or two percent of the atmosphere but absorbs longer wavelengths of sunlight in the red part of the spectrum, giving the planet its brilliant blue color. Watch the video to see a composite time-lapse assembled from Voyager 2 images of Neptune.

Neptune's winds move eastward and westward at different velocities.

Clouds on Neptune are made from methane ice crystals.

This Earth-size storm is called the "Great Dark Spot." Scientists now know such storms are impermanent features on Neptune.

Neptune’s southern hemisphere is seen here from a distance of 2.6 million miles.

Regards

This is very interesting and some of this discussion reminds me of Jan Lamprecht's book. I sure wish we could get a book #2 from him since he was going to go into details about the outer planets!

@Soretna , you are spot on . It is unbelievable how mainstream astronomy is floundering on even basic physics . It's utterly exasperating , aargh !

A planetary core of molten iron , can NOT be a SUSTAINABLE energy source for any planet , that too over 4.5 billion years and counting - as simple as that . Period . I am willing to change my own NAME if this is proven otherwise !

**In order to keep a planet going over those kind of timescales , a nuclear reaction is necessary . That "device" is best described as a georeactor that is known to exist in nature . An electrical plasma encased within a hard metallic shell can , under the right conditions trigger a nuclear reaction , like in Tokamak machines . Tokamaks are essentially , hollow metallic shells and are a good analogy for Hollow planets , particularly the rocky inner worlds like earth . In the case of gas giants ,that outer "shell" is also made of gas/plasma .

Birkeland's Terella experiment is another excellent analogy for Hollow planets .

Basic school level understanding of the laws of thermodynamics can rule out a ball of molten iron as the core of ANY planet over Billions of years (for God's sake, how can science be so dumb !!) .

***The most important takeaway from all this , is about the climate , on the outer surface of planets....the inner Sun must certainly play a major role in that .

Even for the rocky inner worlds , like Earth , the external Sun is not the ONLY driver for our climate (yes !) . So , whenever we have those phases of "freak weather" that flummox all our weather forecasters , could it be the doing of our Inner sun ?

In the case of the distant gas giants like Uranus and Neptune , with their TURBOCHARGED storm systems , the Sun is merely a bit player. Most of the action for the climate on the surface of those far away planets is being driven by their Inner Sun . I mean isn't that so glaringly obvious to the science establishment ???

Let me go a step further on this subject of climate on the outer surface of any planet , because guess what - the SAME LAWS of physics must apply to all these worlds , whether it's Earth or Neptune :))

In the case of our Earth , the existing climate models make 2 BASIC errors :-

1. They assume a constant thermal output from the Sun , as if there are no Solar cycles
  2. They do not factor in any influence of the Inner Sun , i.e. the Earth's core

Therefore , the existing climate paradigms are incomplete and inadequate to explain longer term climate trends on Earth .

Regards