Strange Movie from the 1956: The Mole People

The other day, a friend of mine mentioned a very weird movie called The Mole People, a horror movie from 1956. You can read about the movie here: The Mole People - Wikipedia

This is the trailer: The Mole People (1956) - Official Trailer - YouTube

And here is the full movie itself if you have time to watch it: THE MOLE PEOPLE - 1956

I found it very strange that the movie is "loosely based on hollow earth theories" and features carnivorous reptilians who dwell underground, with a Babylonian / Sumerian society who worship Ishtar, the Babylonian goddess.

I'm sure (as with everything produced by Hollywood), the film contains a certain measure of misdirection and obfuscation of real truth, but this does certainly seem to hit a little too close to home. It was clearly based on some real facts.

If anyone has seen the movie or can comment about where they got their ideas, I'd be intrigued.

2 Likes

Hmmm ... A horror movie from the year I was born.

It doesn't surprise me.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@Ephraimite , I tend to agree with you - this might have been an early attempt at partial disclosure by Hollywood . I think they were testing the waters back then !

Regards

2 Likes

The Wikipedia article shows that the ending is stupid (from my point of view), but I think I will watch it. It looks interesting. I also shared it with one of my kids.

1 Like

Sidharttha,

I agree with you. The film was made by Hollywood to test the waters. (What a cornball movie!)

But Hollywood isn't Hollywood anymore. It belongs to the Chinese now. And any suggestive movies come from them.

Cheers!/Tears!

1 Like

I watched it last night. I thought it was really good for the year in which it was made.

In fact, I looked at a bunch of other movies that user had uploaded. They looked interesting, so I made an account there so I could put them on a list to watch later. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

The theme of the movie is that "They've been down there all this time", and they're dangerous.

People raised in the underground are huge compared to us. The 1960s television show The Land of The Giants depicted people "just like us", only giant, and they were quite antagonistic towards us.

Pyschological preparation ...

Cheers!

3 Likes