NASA Shares Stunning Pic Of Earth's 'Airglow' Taken From International Space Station !

List members , I think this "airglow" can somehow be attributed to the light of the inner Sun emerging onto the surface...hmm !

Regards

2 Likes

Folks , even Mars has it's own "Airglow" , though that appears green in colour - a signature of it's hidden inner Sun perhaps . Moreover , even the highly secretive Smithsonian Institution is taking interest in this rare phenomena...hmm !

This phenomenon of "Airglow" is definitely worth exploring further - I have a strong gut feel about this...my intuition tells me the root cause of such "Airglow" could reveal the existence of Inner Sun inside Hollow Planets .

Regards

1 Like

Even Venus has it's own Airglow - the mystery thickens...hmm ! Unlike the planetary Auroras which fluctuate , these planetary Airglows are constant throughout the year , significantly - even during their respective night times .

Regards

1 Like

It looks like a protective bubble or shield. Whether it is or not, I have no idea - nor do I know what it would be protecting against if it is. Maybe it's to keep the demons from migrating to another planet. Maybe it's, like you said, nothing more than reflected light from an inner sun (though if the glow is on every horizon, no matter where you are, I don't see how that could be the case; I would expect reflected light from an inner sun to only be at the poles).

@SilverMoon , maybe some sort of particles (which glow in the outer atmosphere) are being emitted from the Inner Sun , that then cover the entire globe...could that be the reason why it is not restricted only to the Polar regions (the way Auroras are) hmm ?

Regards

1 Like

The airglow is seen as redness through the camera?

Cheers!

Folks , here is more on this mystery :-

Regards

1 Like

List members , NASA has been researching quite a lot on Aurora and Airglow , especially the "nightglow" which has been observed on every planet of the Solar System .

The "dayglow" is 1 billionth the intensity of the Sun and is not so noticeable , but folks , the bottomline is - "Airglow" which consists of both "dayglow" and "nightglow" , is yet another mysterious phenomena associated with planets which is not properly understood :))

**My own take is that even Airglow is an effect whose root cause is the "inner Sun" at the core of each planet !

Aurora, Meet Airglow

Aurora, Meet Airglow

Two of Earth’s most colorful upper atmospheric phenomena, aurora and airglow, met just before dawn in this photo shot by an astronaut on the International Space Station (ISS). Wavy green, red-topped wisps of aurora borealis appear to intersect the muted red-yellow band of airglow as the ISS passed just south of the Alaskan Peninsula. The rising Sun, behind Earth’s limb at the time of this photo, adds a deep blue to the horizon. Light from cities in British Columbia and Alberta, Canada, joins starlight to dot the early morning skyscape.

Though they appear at similar altitudes, aurora and airglow are produced by different physical processes. Nighttime airglow (or nightglow) is a type of chemiluminescence—the emission of light from chemical interactions between oxygen, nitrogen, and other molecules in the upper atmosphere. Airglow occurs all around the Earth, all the time. However, “nightglow” is much easier to spot over a dark Earth than “dayglow,” as airglow is just one billionth as bright as the Sun.

Auroras, on the other hand, stem from interactions between solar energy and Earth’s magnetic field. The magnetic field funnels the energy into the upper atmosphere, where it interacts with the same atoms as airglow (mainly oxygen and nitrogen). This is why both phenomena can produce similar colors. The dynamic nature of Earth’s magnetic field moves the solar energy in irregular ways, causing each aurora event to be visually unique.

Recently, the Earth Science and Remote Sensing Unit at NASA’s Johnson Space Center used machine learning to identify all of the photos that astronauts have taken of auroras over the past few decades. Search the Gateway to Astronaut Photograph of Earth database for “aurora” to see more than 270,000 photos of these magnetic marvels.

Regards

1 Like