Mormonism criticisms and answers debate #4

@Pelin, I appreciate the conciliatory tone here and I'll take it at face value. No hard feelings on my end.

But I do need to point out what just happened. You said "I give up" and "this would be mine last apologizing in this thread" but then posted a 600-word sermon about Theosis, universalism, Orthodox soteriology, and why everyone in this thread needs to watch Jay Dyer to find correct Christianity.

In a thread about Frederick Culmer's 1886 hollow earth treatise.

That's the pattern I've been pointing at this whole time. Not the theology itself - you're welcome to your convictions and I'm not here to challenge your faith, unless you want to have that discussion in another more appropriate thread on religion (@admins you might want to make a new forum if you feel like religious debates are worthwhile on MindReach).

The pattern is that you keep replacing the actual subject of the thread with whatever you'd rather be talking about.

Every.

Single.

Time.

The topic is 19th century documentary evidence, and every response you've given has been an exit ramp to somewhere else - Freemasonry, Jay Dyer, Schnoebelen, the Kinderhook plates, and now a full catechism lesson.

And you ended by endorsing "aether field theories" as the alternative to mainstream physics traps. As I pointed out in the physics thread - several of the models in @GeorgePlymale2's post ARE aether-based.

You keep agreeing with the framework while refusing to read the work built on it.

That's the irony of this whole exchange.

I'll leave it here. If you ever want to come back and engage the actual sources @GeorgePlymale2 has laid out, I think you'd find a more interesting conversation waiting for you than the one we've had. The door's open.

But the preaching - respectfully - belongs in a different thread.