Lunar Atmosphere

http://www.holloworbs.com/Lunar_Atmosphere.htm

3 Likes

That was quite interesting. Gives pause for thought.

2 Likes

SilverMoon,

I have been thinking about a lunar atmosphere ever since I posted that link, that page has kind of like been my understanding for a couple of decades now.

But then I had my epiphany.

You already know that light manifests when radiations of photons pass through the Earth's atmosphere and experience friction and interact. This is an oversimplification, of course.

But the radiations that pass through the outer space of our solar system do not cause what we would term "light". Space is dark between our Moon and the Earth, and between The Sun and the Earth. The pictures taken from the lunar surface try to substantiate this and confirm this by the way the sky above the lunar surface is pitch black with no stars. The pictures seem to be doctored, but this is what the powers-that-be want us to understand. The rationale would be that there is no atmosphere on The Moon, therefore, no refraction takes place, the lunar atmosphere doesn't open up the radiation like a lense does, and there is no friction between incoming photons and the atmosphere because, supposedly, there is no atmosphere.

All fine and dandy up until now. But I do not understand how it is that the pictures taken by the astronauts show a surface area, full of light. Geological profiles are illuminated, such as mountain ranges. And the astronauts and their space suits are well illuminated, as well as their lunar lander. Due to the lack of friction between incoming solar particles and zero atmosphere, the lunar surface should be completely dark. And it doesn't matter if we are talking about the side that is away from The Sun or the side pointing towards The Sun, the lunar surface should be pitch-black dark. On their way to The Moon, the astronauts should not have seen an illuminated Moon.

And how is it that The Sun is visible if in outer space if there is no atmosphere to break up the particles of radiation and resolve them into light? The term "particles of light" should only exist from within the atmosphere, in outer space, even on The Moon, there should be only particles and darkness, not particles of light. If particles from the Sun were luminous along their trajectory across outer space, then the whole solar system would be illuminated and there would be no darkness.

If there is no atmosphere on The Moon, then how come the pictures taken by the Apollo astronauts seem to be taken in broad daylight. Of course, the Lunar Atmosphere page that was posted a few days back explains "how come". It is because there is a lunar atmosphere! If there was light on The Moon, then there is an atmosphere.

Cheers!

2 Likes