List Biz

People,

I apologize for my absence. I have just spent a week in the hospital thanks to Covid. I am fully recovered, and there has been no permanent damage.

For a while there, I was really whacked out of shape!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know Dean. Life has been rough for many of us. The flu has hit our community pretty hard and it's just taking a lot of rest and alternative medical treatment since I find it very dangerous to go to the hospital. Having gone through pneumonia before and healed myself, I'm pretty much prepared for the worst at this point in options that do actually work. Unfortunately health care is not an option for many and we have to start being more prudent and knowledgeable about how to take care of ourselves.

2 Likes

@deandddd , great to know about your recovery from COVID . Thanks for letting us all know , please take care !

Regards

2 Likes

@Soretna , @deandddd , folks , I hate saying this , but none of us is getting any younger and there is so much uncertainty in the world around us these days...

We've discussed this before a few times , but at this juncture , I wish to highlight it again - in order to secure our research , some way to monetise it would really help , not just to sustain us and derisk this research , but also to ensure it's continuity and help spread awareness .

**Let's face it , funding helps and even a few wealthy donors could make a HUGE difference to our efforts . Surely , there would be some clean souls out there amongst the rich who could contribute to a noble cause such as this ?

Any ideas , thoughts and suggestions would be most welcome . Thanks !

Regards

Sidhartha,

One problem is that there is so much distraction and cook theories, that we just get mixed in with the other groups.

Cheers!

1 Like

That's also true @deandddd , but our research which is unique is just running on fumes...it's important to sustain and grow this effort , then over time pass it on to the next generation .

Regards

Siddhartha,

I am familiar with hollow earth groups on Facebook and they don't have people on them that can present and/or defend the HET very well. Even though our group is so reduced at the moment, we can do it, so we are unique, it is true.

I think that the only significant hollow earther proponent from the last half of the 20th century who is still around is Branton and, unfortunately for me, I don't know him.

It is just a miracle that the HET has been handed down from one generation to the next up until this time.

We do have to think about the next generation.

We have to preserve the literature that we already have, for one thing.

Cheers!

1 Like

@deandddd being a stargazer, you might find this upsetting:

Stargazing in New York requires permit:

1 Like

Western Observer,

You know, this might be the beginning of phasing out telescopic observations of the night sky. The fact that The Moon and Mars are full of buildings and urban areas has become rather well known amongst observers and, now that they know what to look for, and where, they can pick out a lot of anomalies with their telescopes and takes pictures.

This would be a huge embarassment for NASA, for one thing.

Excuse the late reply. I keep getting sick, to make a long story short.

Cheers!

1 Like

Folks , just a thought...there are a LOT of satellites and other "sensitive" stuff that has been launched into space in recent years...maybe the "Powers that be" simply want to avoid "pesky" amateur astronomers accidentally spotting something in the skies that they were NOT supposed to see :))

Regards

1 Like

That's insane!

Folks , I think this is NOT really about Authorities being concerned on amateur astronomers and common citizens getting a look at the distant celestial bodies...this rule has probably been made to HIDE away all the SECRETIVE stuff and the military assets that have been launched into space in recent years and are lurking in the Near Earth Orbit (NEO) :))

Regards

1 Like

Siddhartha,

Yes, but .... this still might be the beginning of the phsing out of telescopes. To tell the truth, a person can see A LOT from a dark sky area, at high altitudee and when there is little humidity.

I hope not.

Cheers!

1 Like

Regarding younger generations, just to offer a piece of encouragement: I do know that there are younger folks who lurk in our community who are in their teens and twenties. They are very bright people, but they are just finding their feet in society so they don't feel quite as open to participate it seems.

I do agree about archival of information. We are losing so much - and so quickly. Look at the news and attacks on https://annas-archive.org/. It is just terrible and there are so many many terrible actions going on generally presently across the planet.

@Soretna , I just took a look at Annas-Archive.Org . The content is quite good , thanks for sharing !

Regards