List members , I think this is an important connection :-
The knights Templar managed the organization from their headquarters at Temple Mount in the city of Jerusalem.
The Knights Templar were established to protect Christian pilgrims on their perilous journeys throughout the holylands!
Because of the ‘Templar’s fighting prowess they also acted as front-line ‘shock troops’ that would break up enemy lines and this would give the following armies a great moral lifting boost!
The Christian struggle for the holylands went on for centuries and was instigated by various kings, popes and others, who wanted to reclaim the holylands for Christianity.
Often during these centuries of conflict between Christian and Muslim armies areas of the holylands including the city of Jerusalem were constantly changing hands.
The Templar Knights were based at Temple Mount which legend has it was directly built over the ruins of the legendary king Solomon’s temple. It is during the time that the knights templar were stationed at ‘Temple Mount’ that they gained massively in not only wealth but power.
Many believe and legend has it that this happened because of secret treasures they uncovered and the written knowledge they gained from the ruins of Solomons temple.
It is believed that the knights templar spent many years digging under ‘Temple Mount’ to uncover it’s hidden secrets!
Knights Templar Captivating History 1118
- Amputations, Be-headings and Death
- Becoming a Templar Knight
- End of Knights Templar
- Fighting a Templar Knight
- Freemasonry Knights Templar
- Knights Templar – Latin Rule
- Knights Templar | Early Banking
- Knights Templar Code of Conduct
- Knights Templar Costumes 1119
- Knights Templar Founders
- Knights Templar History
- Knights Templar in the Crusades
- Knights Templar Name
- Knights Templar Origins 1119
- Monks and the’ Knights Templar’
- Ranks of the Knight Templar
- Who were the Knights Templar?
- Why Templar Knights Grew Beards