Juxtlahuaca Cave ~ Olmecs? & Underground City Discovered???

People,

I felt that the Juxtlahuaca Cave video deserved its own topic thread.

A mile deep, and then you come upon a city with lots of gold in it and petrified bodies lying around.

Well, first of all, it is open for tours, althugh it seems that only groups tour by appointment. Well, whatever; but one mile is not so far down and the tours don't go to that part. Why not ? This place has been known since the 1920s, they should have it all set up for "far down" tourism. And they call it a city ...

Kincaid discovered all kind of Buddhist, Oriental and Egyptian artifacts in a huge cavern world auditorium located somewhere along the Arizona segment of the Grand Canyon. This place Juxlahuaca has a Shiva painting at the entrance, we don't know anything more because they don't let that information out but, after almost 100 years, they know much and have much in the way of photos from that subterranean city, but don't let people know.

What if Vedic and oriental deities are to be found in the city, and glyphs depicting oriental deities etched on the temples of the cities? What would that imply for western civilization, i.e., Christian civilization? Undermining ?

Maybe that is why everything is under wraps.

Dean

1 Like

Gary fleck has passed this on ...

The entrance to the Grutas de Juxtlahuaca is surrounded by two huge cocoxochitl trees. The cave has several huge chambers with speleothems.

Some of them contain cave paintings showing - among others - a jaguar, a serpent, and a human figure. This paintings were made by the Olmecs. Most of the paintings show the daily life of the Olmecs. This nomadic tribe lived here during the early Pre-classic period about 400 to 800 B.C., and the remains are among the first testimonies of Olmecs, and the cave paintings are probably the oldest artistic remains of man in America.

The last chamber of the tourist route lies behind the Olmec cemetery and contains a crystal garden of aragonite minerals, which cover the walls at this place. The chamber lies behind a cave lake and the visitor has to wade through the water to get there. Shorts and appropriate shoes are recommended for this part. Take a torch, food and drink, and a sweater if going a long way in.

The cave is administered by Andrés Ortega Casarrubias. It seems, he is able to make up a special route for any visitor, adapted to the desired duration or interests. This cave is little known and the amount of visitors very low. It seems, the visitor should pick up the guide at Colotlipa and tell him his interests. The cave is dedicated to environment friendly cave visits and so no activities are undertaken to increase the number of visits.

List Members,

And Gay Fleck passes on this video:

List Members,

You know, this Juxtlahuaca cavern system presents us with a unique opportunity. We just don't have many examples of cavern systems that have been converted into liveable, underground towns. In the first video that I passed on, the place was described as an underground city. I don't know what that means. In what way? How was illumination achieved? Was there agriculture? Fishing? Was food cultivated on the surface and brought down?

Capadocia was dug out, as far as I know; but this place was a natural cavern system that was adapted as a town.

Visiting this place seems more akin to visiting the underground world of the Green Children of Wolfpitte, or the place where the Pied Piper took the kids.

One thing I would like to know is whether or not there are parts that are off limits. And what would that imply?

Posted by Dean

People,

I was just looking a the Juxtalahuaca Cave video. It is a five kilometer long cave but, who knows, there could be more.

Anyway, I looked it up on Wikipedia, and some nice cave art was available on the page.

Here is the first paragraph of the "Paintings" section.

"The most well-known of the cave art is Painting 1, which features a large bearded man with a black cloak, a striped tunic, and an elaborate headpiece. The arms and legs are covered with [jaguar] fur, and a small jaguar tail is even visible dangling down. The man is brandishing a trident at a much smaller figure crouched to his side and is carrying a long snake or snakelike object. This 2 meter (6 foot) tall painting is one of the rare Olmec-style portrayals of human-on-human dominance, which some researchers interpret as a scene of human sacrifice."

There we go again with that "human scarifice" motif. And the first painting described depicts a giant dominating a smaller human, and we all know that living being that live beneath the surface, out of reach of the harmful rays of The Sun, grow to huge proportions and have long life spans.

The giants of Mexico

https://www.bestoflakechapala.com/2015/10/08/the-giants-of-mexico/

In my opinion, the giants lived underground, and where they fled to was underground. You know, the Mayan King at the Cobá temple complex spoke to the Spaniards about the world of the Amazons below the sea floor of the Caribbean Sea.

He said something about that cavern world being pearly, but I take it to mean crystaline. After all, the Spaniards didn't really speak Mayan, and the King didn't speak Spanish; neither do the list members!

Cheers!

1 Like

List Members,

From The Giants of Mexico:

“For example, the Seri, a giant tribe of Indians found by Coronado, were living on the island the Spanish named Tiburón and the adjacent coast of Sonora on the Gulf of California. Coronado’s men described the Seri as being so huge that the tallest of the Spaniards only came to their waists or lower chests.”

https://www.bestoflakechapala.com/2015/10/08/the-giants-of-mexico/

To have such stature, they must have lived underground, sheltered from the harmful rays of The Sun. And they must have had tremendous brains, tremendous memories, and a tremendous life span. And they must still be there, underground!!!

Cheers!

Dean