Jim Bowen and Mr. Cater

List Members,

I spoke with Mr. Cater once about this person who accompanied Admiral
Byrd on his Antarctic expedition a bit after WWII; my memory is telling me that it was 1948, but I'm not sure. Mr. Cater says that this expedition was secret.

The fellow's name was Jim Bowen. When he was supposed to be mustered
out of the Navy, he was instructed to report to a room, where he was
told that, due to his service record and recommendations, he had been
chosen for a special mission. Actually, I believe he ws given the opportunity to volunteer. He was briefed ahead of time, along with about 100 other enlisted men, about what they were going to do-
enter the hollow portion of the Earth through this opening.

He formed part of the main body of about 100 men who penetrated on
foot well inside the entrance. He stayed as long as six months with
Byrd, then accompanied one group back, even though another group
stayed on with Admiral Byrd for another six months.

Jim Bowen got far enough inside that he affirmed that there was
constant shining from further on ahead, although he could not see the
actual inner solar disk because of the constant heavy fog. Visibility was
less than 100 yards. The ice gradually melted, and he said that their
group encountered a dinosaur-type prehistoric creature (Olaf Jansen made a
comment to this effect). He confirmed lush vegetation.

No exact location or coordinates were given out to the fellow, and it
goes without saying that he had been sworn to secrecy. He didn't like
the dishonesty of the situation and approached Mr. Cater because he
had heard that Cater believed in the Hollow Earth Theory. They
actually became friends and Mr. Cater mentioned that, in 1964, they
took a trip together to the mountains.

How about that?

I am still amazed that Joseph H. Cater is such a life long hollow
Earther with so much to share, but that hardly any hollow Earthers on
the net have heard of him or understand his soft particle physics,
which can certainly substantiate the hollow planet model.

Dean

@deandddd , this is a fascinating new angle to the Admiral Byrd story...in case you have it , please share some more information on Jim Bowen or any of the others in that 100 member team that accompanied Admyral Byrd into the South Polar opening .

Regards

Sidhartha,

It was just a telephone conversation that I had with him sometime after the turn of the century. It wasn't too long. I came across mention of it in an old post from something like 2007, so I thought that I would pass it along, lest we forget.

The only other comments about that expedition that I remember, but that I didn't include in that posting, was that the creature seemed to be munching on vegetation, it was distant still, and he related that Jim told him that they backed off quite a bit and went way around it, giving it wide berth.

He related that, after a while, the ice melted and they were walking on green grass, the fog kept blowing towards them and that there the visibility was limited, not even 100 yards. And then it cleared up.

Cater was aged then - he graduated with a physics degree in 1948 - and his conversation made me think that he was bordering on senility, but that is what he told me. On one hand, I wonder how they handled provisions; but it would have been possible.

On the other hand, there was no reason for him to tell me about how they took a trip up to the mountains in Colorado together, it was with the guys wife in a trailer. He said that they did a few things together like that. Why would he invent something off the wall like that ?

There is not much to say about it, though. It is a kind of take or leave it thing, for what its worth. Even with the Olaf Jansen narration, all we can do is wonder, you know ?

Dean

https://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/redbook_geoconcaviticsphere.html

Nice page @Branton777 is there something specific you're trying to draw attention to there?