archaeologists in Mexico discovered eleven stone tempples in underground caves

People,

I was reading in the Robert Sepher book Gods with Amnesia, that: "In 2008, archaeologists in Mexico discovered eleven stone tempples in underground caves, and an underground road that Mayans believe was the road to the mythical underground city known as Xibalba. According to ancient Mayan scripture, the Popal Vuh, the route to the underworld was filled with obstacles including rivers filled with scorpions and blood, lined with houses shrouded in drkness or swarming with shrieking bats." It seems that this was in the Yucatan area, near the city of Mérida..

Eleven stone temples in an underground cave system? How come I am always the last to find out about these things? Does anyone have any info on this? It certainly hasn't been spread around the internet much, there are no images that I know of. The names of two archaeologists were mentioned: Victoria Rojas and Lara Hindersten.

This just seems so tangible. I am going to look up the archaeologists. You all can do some detective work, too.

Dean

No news since 2008? Even stranger than I thought.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-mayans-idUSN1442474520080815 http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-mayans-idUSN1442474520080815

Dean

Good find!

Put that into an archive: http://archive.is/Tea9T

Always important to put things that we're afraid losing into archives for
future reference!