The Hollow Earth is a location discovered in the 2019 film Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Folks , I recently watched the movie "Godzilla , King of the Monsters" & was intrigued by the very direct , point blank reference to Hollow Earth....I know it's just a movie but it's the first time I have seen such an explicit mention of Hollow Earth concept , that too in a scientific context within a popular , mainstream Hollywood movie :-

King of the Wikis
MonsterVerse - Locations

Hollow Earth

MUTA.png\ 110x110 Newly released or upcoming content
Gojipedia doesn't currently possess thorough information on this specimen, character, or event. This article will be updated with new information as it arises, and is subject to change.

Hollow Earth is Kong's home.
Nathan Lind

Hollow Earth

Nomenclature

Other names

Long Ago Below
The Earth's core

General Information

Hollow Earth

Climate

Tropical

Production Information

First appearance

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Last appearance

Godzilla vs. Kong

The Hollow Earth is a location that was discovered in the 2019 film Godzilla: King of the Monsters .

Contents

History

Backstory

The Hollow Earth is an ancient subterranean ecosystem deep within the Earth, close to the planet's core. Its gravity is unique and inverts at a halfway point, allowing Titans to walk freely on both floor and ceiling of the Hollow Earth without fear of falling from one to the other. The ecosystem continually radiates radioactive energy, allowing the creatures that inhabit it to evolve to titanic sizes. Because of this, it is widely believed to be the natural habitat and evolutionary place of origin of all Titans. In ancient times, Kong and Godzilla's species' warred against each other for dominance over the Hollow Earth. A fortress belonging to Kong's species also exists there, with a throne once held by his ancestors. Kong himself later claims the throne as his own when he decides that the Hollow Earth will be his new home.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

After nearly being killed by the Oxygen Destroyer, Godzilla retreats to his temple located within the Hollow Earth to rest and regenerate. A Monarch expedition team follows the Titan in, confirming the organization's theories of an entire world located beneath the surface. Ishiro Serizawa detonates a nuclear warhead in Godzilla's temple, effectively reviving him but destroying the temple and the surrounding area.

Godzilla Dominion

TBA.

Godzilla vs. Kong

Kong on His Throne.jpg

A joint expedition team of Monarch and Apex Cybernetics use three HEAVs to follow Kong into the Hollow Earth in order to find and secure an energy source capable of subduing Godzilla, using the ape as a sort of navigator. Those who have been watching over Kong at Skull Island, including Nathan Lind, Ilene Andrews and Jia, are brought along on the expedition, but the true purpose of the journey is hidden from them.

Kong explores Hollow Earth at a rapid pace before stumbling across an ancient fortress built by his ancestors. He enters the structure, claiming an ancient axe nearby a unidentified titan's corpse. The group observes Kong and realizes that he is home there. At this point, Maia Simmons of Apex orders the extraction of the ancient energy radiating from the ground, directly from the planet's core. After angering Kong, Simmons and the rest of her team are killed, but not before the energy is sent back to the Apex facility in Hong Kong and used to power Mechagodzilla.

After destroying Mechagodzilla and resolving his now ending rivalry with Godzilla, Kong decides to return to the Hollow Earth, making it his new home.

Local flora and fauna

Gallery

To be added...

Trivia

• The idea of a hollow earth in a Godzilla film is in fact an old one and would have appeared in the cancelled Godzilla film Bride of Godzilla.

Regards

List members, it's fascinating to see that for each of the exotic creatures in the list above (including Camazotz !) , this movie had described a back-story connecting these creatures with Hollow Earth . Definitely worth exploring , as such stories are actually sourced from ancient mythological stories of various cultures , about MUTOs i.e. Massive Underground Terrestrial Organisms.

Regards

In 2021’s blockbuster movie, Kong vs. Godzilla (which I went to go see last month), an evil corporation with world domination in mind found a way to this inner world which is a concave world. It is tropical and full of dangerous giant reptiles. The Ape King fights for us (an offshoot of the giant apes :wink: ) and save another day. I highly recommend you rent it. It will most likely become available in DVD/Blue Ray in June 2021.

Garden Gnome

Good to know @gardengnome , the makers of this Godzilla movie series have decided to pull out all stops :)) I wonder if they have a green light from the Powers that be , to so openly talk about Hollow Earth in a hugely popular mainstream movie franchise...I'm now wondering - is this how the disclosure will happen ??

Regards

Sidhartha,

Yes, but they speak about it in a negative manner. They depict that everything down there is horific and dangerous. It's ture, they are preparing us; but not is a positive way.

Perhaps we should anticipate that the hollow earthers are going to get involved.

The land of the giants played with our minds in the same way. It was a TV show from the 1960s. "Just like us, but what they do to us is horrifying!"

We shall see what's up. Cheers!

@deandddd , given the current situation in the surface world due to the COVID pandemic , finding a viable (and acceptable) path into Hollow Earth may be a good idea for humanity !

Regards