Salty lake, ponds may be gurgling beneath South Pole on Mars

Folks , now here comes a bit of a breakthrough on Mars . @Echo_on , what do you think ?

Salty lake, ponds may be gurgling beneath South Pole on Mars

By MARCIA DUNNSeptember 29, 2020

This Aug. 26, 2003 image made available by NASA shows Mars as it lines up with the Sun and the Earth. Photographed by the Hubble Space Telescope, it was about 55.8 million kilometers (34.6 million miles) from Earth. A network of salty ponds may be gurgling beneath Mars’ South Pole alongside a large underground lake, raising the prospect of tiny, swimming Martian life. Italian scientists reported their findings Monday, Sept. 28, 2020 two years after identifying what they believed to be a large subglacial lake. (J. Bell/NASA via AP)

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — A network of salty ponds may be gurgling beneath Mars’ South Pole alongside a large underground lake, raising the prospect of tiny, swimming Martian life.

Italian scientists reported their findings Monday, two years after identifying what they believed to be a large buried lake. They widened their coverage area by a couple hundred miles, using even more data from a radar sounder on the European Space Agency’s Mars Express orbiter.

In the latest study appearing in the journal Nature Astronomy, the scientists provide further evidence of this salty underground lake, estimated to be 12 miles to 18 miles (20 kilometers to 30 kilometers) across and buried 1 mile (1.5 kilometers) beneath the icy surface.

ADVERTISEMENT

Even more tantalizing, they’ve also identified three smaller bodies of water surrounding the lake. These ponds appear to be of various sizes and are separate from the main lake.

Roughly 4 billion years ago, Mars was warm and wet, like Earth. But the red planet eventually morphed into the barren, dry world it remains today.

The research team led by Roma Tre University’s Sebastian Emanuel Lauro used a method similar to what’s been used on Earth to detect buried lakes in the Antarctic and Canadian Arctic. They based their findings on more than 100 radar observations by Mars Express from 2010 to 2019; the spacecraft was launched in 2003.

Full Coverage: Science

All this potential water raises the possibility of microbial life on — or inside — Mars. High concentrations of salt are likely keeping the water from freezing at this frigid location, the scientists noted. The surface temperature at the South Pole is an estimated minus 172 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 113 degrees Celsius), and gets gradually warmer with depth.

These bodies of water are potentially interesting biologically and “future missions to Mars should target this region,” the researchers wrote .

Regards

@sidharthabahadur.

Firstly one has to comprehend the nature of Mars habitat and identify that the oddities and anomalies imaged by Nasa are NOT natural manifestations of the eco system. This will open up many alternative possibilities for the appearance of water. My knowledge is based on much research and data found within the structure of Nasa's shell system. So if we assume life exists on Mars then the whole water system underground subsystem is structured and used by the inner civilisation. If you believe that Mars is barren old nuked planet then you may breathe some life and hope this information can mean one thing!....

To get to the point... Nasa will not say that there are civilisations on Mars. They cannot admit to to fact that they have known for over 20 years and also tell the world their agenda and methods due to National Security and liabilty issues etc.

So my view is this disclosure is an affect caused on Mars they cannot hide. The best they can reveal is to trickle loose data. My observations show that there are gigantic structures/machines hidden within the walls of many craters. These structures could be ufo or inner earth foundations, which have spouts exiting the craters. These spouts show spillage of liquids which could be oil/water or other. Now these spouts are very hidden and Nasa try very hard to make them invisible. On further study you will notice the water will be found trickling down steep edges or craters.

I will look in my archive and post an image I have to show more clearly.

m

Here is another article from Nasa....the info is not novel.

http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2006/12/06/gullies/centauri_crater/index.html

Thanks @Echo_on , will look forward to the images you have in your archives , to get a better idea .

Regards

@Echo_on , was really hoping - if you could please share some images from your archives that might be relevant . It will greatly help us visualise how this might look like from the inside of Mars . Thanks !

Regards

1 Like

@sidharthabahadur

I cannot post images more than one megabyte. This is a huge limitation for me as 99% of the proof we need need high resolution images to make any distinction. I will try my best to downsample images but the 90% I am sure will loose all detail. I can privately upload images to your email but it would be nice to expand the image system here at mindreach.

I have here a mars crater explained as flowing water in the original image, I would like all here to view for themselves why I do not think this is water and will elaborate at a later stage. I will also try to gather more images I have just been extremely busy. So hope this image will wet the appetite...

1662_a@0.1x !

M

Hi @Soretna , was wondering if you have some technical solution for this limitation of mindreach ?

I think @Echo_on you are making a valid point here - instead of sending those images just to my or someone else's individual email ID , it's better to share with this group . By the way , the images you have sent are themselves quite intriguing !

Regards

1 Like

Looking at the original image it is hard to disagree that it looks like a crater with water flow. But I have enough knowledge to share after studying and working with hundreds of NASA etc images that things are never what they seem. This is a pattern I recognize in every aspect of our past history to current day politics etc.

So back to the image...By adding the dynamics and colour data back we can see much more contrast and details that seem to paint a different picture. Ask yourselves questions? I can explain what I see but can you?

Things are definitely not what they seem for sure.

As these are not hq I would suggest to download and study on a mobile or tablet. One thing I recommend is if you are using an android device, in settings, magnification turn on. Here you will get a three tap and orange border to get magnification and totally helps viewing in closer inspection.

M

"Things are never what they seem" - great perspective there @Echo_on . Thanks for sharing these images .

Regards