Mayan-Tamil (and Equatorial zone cultural and language) Connections?

I am curious @sidharthabahadur, @deandddd et al: are you aware of language and cultural interconnections between Tamil speaking folk and the Mayan, Olmec, and other South American native (I use this term loosely) people?

I have heard, and I think we have perhaps non-rigorously discussed, this conjecture previously and I would like to explore it more seriously and with perhaps more rigor. It seems a worthwhile topic to consider and strongly link with some detailed specifics...

It has even been suggested that perhaps various cultures that share the equatorial zone about the girth of the Earth may have Tamil relationships amongst various continents and islands.

@Soretna , yes - this is surely a worthwhile area for research . The Tamils were a sea-faring people and traded with foreign lands during ancient times , so it's quite probable they discovered new lands in that era . Their influence on South East Asia is the most obvious , though it likely spread much further afield .

As for the Maya specifically , I believe their mention in the Mahabharat epic , from a Naga clan perspective , indicates a broader connect with Indian civilisation , not limited to just one particular community of India eg. the Tamils .

Regards

Perhaps this has been mentioned previously, but it is something @deandddd mentioned directly to me and I found intriguing:

It is accompanied by a kind of slideshow video that is kind of interesting:
(YouTube Video Link)

The source article is here:
https://www.booksfact.com/puranas/king-mahabali-went-patala-loka-south-america.html

It seems quite plausible that the name "Toltec" was actually a bastardized version of "Talatalak", which, if you sound it out is very similar. I would like to hear a Tamil speaker say "Talatalak" along with "Toltec" - any native speakers want to upload such an audio sample?

African Camaroonians speak Tamil (thanks to @deandddd):
(YouTube Video Link) Description:

This video establishes the fact that one of the tribes of the west African nation, speak Tamil, using the Videos by NOVA.

In this video, for the first time, we have explained the origin of the name "Berber" of a tribe of people who speak Tamazight language. It is a north African language spoken by Moroco, Algeria & Libya people.

Berber means "Dry Land" people and word origin is Tamil Varavara, which is an adjective meaning Dry in Tamil. Our conclusion is proven right from the fact that Tinfinagh script of the Tamazight language is a derivative of Indus script which again is a Ancient Tamil Script.

Tamazight also sounds like Tamil. The fact that Cameroonians, situated close to Algeria, speak deformed dialect of Tamil, strengthens our conclusion that all the African languages including Tamazight, were derived from ancient Tamil.

Another video: கமெரூன் மக்கள் பேசும் மொழி தமிழ் (Translation: Tamil is the language spoken by the people of Cameroon)
(YouTube Video Link)

Cameroonians Speak Tamil | 9ja LondonBOY REACTION:
(YouTube Video Link)

Tamil & Korean similarities:

Surprising similarities between Tamil Nadu and Korea! Story of a legendary Indian Princess:
(YouTube Video Link) Description:

Did you know there was a language that has over 500 similar words in Korean, 5000km away from Seoul? Tamil Nadu, a South Indian state, shares surprising linguistic and cultural similarities with Korea. How so? It's all about an Indian Princess and a possible international marriage that took place 2000 years ago. Get ready to have your mind blown!

Can Korean guy really understand Tamil words? | Similarities between Tamil and Korean
(YouTube Video Link)

I guess my question is what if we compare old Korean with Tamil? Are they even closer?

Sidhartha,

I think that the southeast Asians were Dravidians - South IndianTamil speakers - mixed with Chinese.

Did you know that Finnish has these common traits with Tamil, too; it isn't an Indo European language.

And the Basque language has such common traits, hundreds of words the same as Japanese, and the indigenous language of Georgia near Russia.

Cheers!

@Soretna , @deandddd , Tamil language has been around for almost as long as Brahmi , the successor to Sanskrit . There was some amount of fusion between the two & that's a very interesting area of (ongoing) research .

The ultimate origin of Tamil culture is attributed to the brilliant Rishi Agastya , a Vedic sage who carved a niche for himself , during the Rig Vedic era . Over the ages , the name of Agastya became "Augustus" in the Western world , from where the month of August got it's name...

Regards

MODERATOR NOTE:

I've split this forked this thread over to a new post here for better exposure and discussion:

14 posts were split to a new topic: Mithraism - Etruscan-Tamil-Vedic Connections (Mithra, a Vedic God)