Kids TV show about "How to train your dragon" shows Hollow Earth environments ?

List members , "How to train your dragon" is a kids TV show , that playfully depicts ancient Norse mythology about dragons...occasionally , they show fascinating imaginary hideouts of these "mythical" dragons . There were two of these "hidden worlds" in particular which caught my attention because they very creatively depicted subterranean environments beneath the sea . I was intrigued and wondered whether the makers of this series actually knew about the Hollow Earth concept...hmm !

Regards

2 Likes

Sidhartha,

I think that there must be some kind of articulation on the part of the underground demons to the effect that these creatures must not come to the surface because humanity is being armed with technology to one day fight against the hollow earthers.

You know, until the underground demons get the upper hand, all of the underground creatures and reptiles should keep a low profile.

So me thinks …

Cheers!

2 Likes

@sidharthabahadur This is a fascinating observation. You're right - there is definitely a hidden reference here to the hollow earth. However, knowing Hollywood's usual agenda, I think there's moreover some deliberate obfuscation / reversal of roles. They are romanticizing and portraying the cavern world as a beautiful fantasy realm, whilst simultaneously inculcating sympathy and admiration for the crustal reptilians who live there.

The funny thing about this is that the Norse culture fought vehemently against dragons and reptilian creatures - as vividly depicted in tales such as Beowulf, Siegfried, and even the Norse mythology itself, with the war waged between Thor and the Midgard Serpent. The reason the Norse people hated dragons was because they were vicious beings which ate them and kidnapped their children! They were one of the only cultures on earth who had the courage and fortitude to stand up to their would-be reptilian overlords, instead of bending the knee and cowering in fear before their tyranny...

Yet now the dragons are cast as "misunderstood" creatures, persecuted and hunted by the "cruel" Norsemen... with only a lone "dissident" prince to stand up against the "mean" traditions of his fathers - so that he can turn his people over to the dragons, amalgamating and intermingling with them. All I'll say is that this says a lot about who rules Hollywood... and who their masters really are...

1 Like

@Ephraimite , you've shared some deep insights about Norse beliefs...I guess the incredibly beautiful visualisation of these "imaginary" realms (where dragons live) leaned heavily on descriptions given in Norse Mythology ! Quite frankly , I have yet to see a better imagination of such realms in any other film , documentary , video etc. The animation and the colouring/shading , as also the interplay of light & shadow , were excellent all through .

Regards

1 Like

Ephraimite,

Yes, the UFO occupants are depicted as affable space brothers, all the while they engage in abduction of mostly women and engage in genetic pillaging/agg extraction.

And the Mayans used to feed the remains of theirr human sacrifice to snakes and alligators, but the reptiles are depicted as wonderful and mystic, et cetera.

We are in trouble deep!

Cheers!/Tears ...

1 Like

@sidharthabahadur Yes, the portrayal of this realm was truly stunning and beautiful. However, from descriptions in Etidorhpa and The Coming Race, I think the cavern world has a lot of variety and is not always so beautiful like this. To be sure, there are likely some areas which resemble the scenery given here, but there are many other dark and fiery places which would be foreboding and frightening to even the most hardened traveler. The Coming Race, at least, depicts the dragons as living in such places. Again, I think they deliberately chose this kind of beautiful portrayal to inculcate wonder, awe, and sympathy for the dragons.

Thunderbirds, and Flying Reptiles, Too!

http://www.holloworbs.com/Thunderbirds!.htm

Cheers!

I think that we and our children are being prepared to integrate themselves with the underworld reptile beings. (They are better than the affable space brothers!)

Anyway, I don’t think that any of this is compatible with the Constitution of the USA.

No wonder Kamala wants to just rip it up.

Cheers!