Basilius Valentinus

People,

I have come across an interesting quote of the 15th century alchemic writer Basilius Valentinus (Whoever he was) It is one page 100 of the book Esoteric Astrology by Bepin and Maduri Behari. It is of interest to us and suggests that Europeans of those times knew of the hollow earth and the inner sun. They knew that mother earth was a living entity and not composed of dead matter, which indicates that, back then, they had superior knowledge as compared to modern scientists, who can be more complicated than knowledgeable.

"The Earth was not a dead body but inhabited by the spirit which is the life and soul of the Earth. All created things, even the minerals, receive their powers from the spirit of the Earth. The spirit is life, it is nourished by the star [the Sun, the inner sun?] and gives nourishment to all living things which it shelters in its womb".

1 Like

Very interesting: Basil Valentine - Wikipedia

What is your reference here @deandddd? I'm not readily finding a reference to this quote for some reason in connection with this fellow. I did find a search that resulted in this book, but I cannot find any way to obtain this book:

Soretna,

Yes, that is the book. It is a later printing than the one I fished the quote out of, but the quote is in the section on Virgo, if you ever get your hands on it.

That "fellow" doesn't seem to be a great authority on anythiing, but it is interesting that somebody would have made such a suggestive quote so long ago.

Cheers!

Interesting indeed. I'm not finding a quote from that gentleman though in connection to that and I am curious as to whether or not he's misquoting / mis-attributing the quote. Hmmm.

Soretna,

Yes, the man's quotes are nothing prolific. If his quotes are from the 1500s, that would suggest that, even at that time, the Hollow Earth Theory was known.

Remember that Queen Elizabeth sent Martin Frobisher to the Arctic with the Piris Rei map in the mid 1500s.The coastline depicted in the middle of the Arctic is the coastline inside, apparently, when a person is past the neck of the hourglass and when the surface begins to broaden-out again.

The person who quoted Valentius was a member of the Theosophical Society of Madam Blavatsky.

Cheers!

http://www.holloworbs.com/Frobisher.htm